Thoughts from Joule preamp owners?

There hasn't been much chat lately about Joule preamps, so any thoughts from experienced owners, good, bad, or indifferent? Thanks in advance.
rgs92
Which 150 do you mean? The 150 MKI or the 150 SE (sorry Signature Edition,
not Special Edition)?
The 150 Mk l. The Signature Edition I've been told, by two owners that had their 150 Mk ll's upgraded to the Signature Edition, that it is an improvement in all respects. I like the way my system sounds currently and haven't wanted to play around with the sound by "upgrading".
The difference between II and I is much greater than the difference between III & SE, I think II & SE are much more musical than I, there was some change in the tubes used and possibly the circuit in the move from I to II/SE, Is SE an improvement over II, sure, a bit, but after moving from II to SE, I found that it would have been perfectly easy to live with II and be perfectly content - both are very fine preamplifiers that suit my sonic preference very well.
Thanks to everyone. I think Joule has some more new factory upgrades on the way, and they sell with a 30-day-satisfaction option.

In looking through user comments on the web on many sites over a decade, Joule has voluminous amounts of high user praise and does not seem to be a flavor of the month thing.

My only personal experience with Joule was from the Merlin rooms at the NY Stereophile show several times for long sessions where the sound was very fine in every respect and compelling to the point where I did not want to leave (which was true of very few rooms, except maybe for some megabuck rooms like the VSR VR9, Joseph Audio Pearl, and Dynaudio Evidence rooms). Of course I can't isolate the Joule contribution, but it certainly did no harm.

I had an ARC Ref1 and ML #32 long ago and thought the ARC was too propulsive and the ML lacking some tube palpable-ness that I have come to crave.

I really want a remote so I turned away from Shindo, which I know has high praise. I tried some passives and also missed my tube magic and gave up on them.
Again, thanks for the responses.