Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
Ag insider logo xs@2xphil0618
So........pretty much a waste of my time posting here.

Guess I'll try another website.

Over and out.
Yeah, sometimes it feels like that - but not always, not even most of the time. We'll miss you.
I concur on the benefits too. really transformed the quality of the records. some that were barely playable sound great. I use cleaner vinyl and clean two at a time. 36c for 15 minutes. I use distilled water with a couple of drops of Dawn liquid and a cap full of Photo Flo. drip and air dry. my watchmaker friend swears by Dawn for delicate cleaning with his ultrasonic cleaners. 
@gbanderhoos @terry9

Guys, I don't think that was really necessary. The multitude of approaches and opinions is what makes the progress possible. Quite surprisingly, US cleaning is still a pretty fresh subject even for scientists - I've googled out scientific publications in high impact physical journals as young as 9-10 years (!). Let alone the US use for vinyl, where in the absence of any structured research from the industry, we are left on our own with all the experimentation. So the exchange of ideas/procedures/results is absolutely crucial, no matter if we agree with them or not.