Time for Two Ways !

There are as many types of speakers are there are human languages and dialects, but we have to agree one of the most popular formats is the two way system, with a tweeter and mid-woofer.

Sure, they are imperfect, often limited in bass or dynamic range, but they have major advantages as well:

• Small Footprint
  • Small baffles
  • Single crossover point
  • Easier to integrate with a room’s acoustics

These are some general ideas. Of course, you don’t have to like 2-way speakers. You may prefer full-range single driver, ESL or 5-way beasts, but I hope we can please keep this thread 2-way friendly!

I’d love to hear from others about 2-way speakers you adore. Are you a 2-way only kind of audiophile?  How do you like yours? Horn loaded? Transmission line? Desktop?
erik_squires
They are among the best speakers at any price for acoustic music aka jazz and classical .
I imagine rock fans would call their natural sound flat, but I’m not one so don’t really know .
I was at my local dealer a few months ago and he had the Rega small monitor on stands right next to Maggie . 7 , same room, same system, the Rega RX-1 was FAR better in every way and I do mean FAR . I’ve been to thousand of Classical concerts they are a go-to for non rich, and even the rich if they have good taste.

I think of the "British Sound" in this way erik. After music , my great love in art is Theater.
I can’t even imagine an American cast pulling off great BBC Masterpieces like " The Midwifes" shown on PBS .
 Many  British speaker are voiced for the best seat in the house, for Symphony that’s mid-hall as a rule .
schubert,

Nice analogy.  Can you see a British troupe performing Hamilton at the London Globe?  Cheers.
No, I can not abnerjack, Hamilton is a good show for American audiences.
The "Midwives" is , like most BBC "Masterpieces" a universal triumph for the entire human race and is shown and loved in over a hundred countries.

Hamilton would flop in Canada .
I like all the ProAc 2 way speakers I've listened to or owned. The tablets where my first foray into ProAc and still remember them as sweet and musical. the larger floor standers were always impressive with what they could put out. AudioNote AN series are great as well. Currently using some Living Voice Avatar 2's ( 3 driver 2 way speaker) and loving them with 300b tubes, 94db.  I liked the older Sonus Faber 2 ways
Yet another great thread Eric! I'm a big fan of two way designs and after a few Proacs I have settled on a pair of large standmounts from Speaker Art that just sound right to my ears.