Tinnitus - do you have ringing in the ears?

I just read that an Audiogon member is selling a pair of speakers because of Tinnitus - ringing in the ears.

I have Tinnitus in both ears, one worse than the other, but I have learned to live with it.

Do you suffer from Tinnitus? Do you know of a treatment that has had successful results?

Thanks
joeldoss
I get Tinnitus from listening to Steely Dan. It's more severe when I hear a CD by them nausea sets in as well. The vinyl pressings aren't quite as bad. Then I only hear a phone ringing. Does this qualify? I better have another cup of coffee.
On a more serious note, I developed tinnitus from not wearing ear plugs and operating power tools. As treatment I wear ear plugs when I have to listen to Steely Dan.
All of the above sufferers have been to ENT doctors and told to learn to live with it. Imagine you have a loud hum in your amp and you go to your dealer and he says learn to live with it! You wouldn't put up with it for one moment. Why would you put up with what your doctor tells you? We have this overwhelming respect for doctors that is very misplaced.
Why would you respect him if he couldn't help you. There are answers out there if you want to really get rid of your tinnitus.
Audio friends, thank you all for your advice and comments. I'm 54 and because my father had heart disease, I take a baby aspirin everyday. I'll cut that out for awhile. I also learned that there are several herbal treatments for Tinnitus that have had some success. One is Soya Lecithin, the other Gingko Biloba. I know that caffeine may increase the ringing but I have yet to give up my morning coffee.
As always, I enjoy this online dialogue and thanks Joman for the humor (or was it?) Joel
Joel,
I hope my comments didn't offend anyone. Yes,I was trying to add humor to an otherwise inconvenient malady.
Pbb perhaps you are willing to live with these things or you are just stupid. You know nothing about what you are saying. There are often physiological explanations for this problem which have been repeatedly alleviated by Chiropractic treatment.

Or maybe you are smarter than me and know better than I what has taken place in my own body! Amazing how you can argue against ones own experiences. It is hard to beleive that someone who spouts stupidity everytime they put their fingers to the keyboard could really best smart enough to make that evaluation. Why don't you try the plecebo effect of pretending you are human long enough to care and to try to help someone rather than stroking your own ego.