Top resistors

Many threads with opinions on boutique coupling capacitors, but very little consolidated information on the sonics of resistors. Anyone care to share their thoughts on the attributes of their favorite brands & types for specific tube and SS applications? How much of a difference does a good resistor make?

My interest in the topic increased after recently installing the latest Texas Components nude Vishay TX2575 in several SS and tube phono & LS components. This was a proverbial "Ah-ha" moment-- a stray resistor dropped into signal path here or there, surprising with an improvement that equalled or surpassed the impact of a switch to a top coupling cap like V-Cap or Mundorf.
dgarretson
I've read somewhere of article about why the resistor have different characteristic when you fliped. It depends on material used and inductance etc...I forgot about the details but it makes sense to me. In that article there's also show measurement (in volt as I remembered) how different result when you flip the resistor.
For me I just test all resistor above with simply method..
I build diy interconnect with the clip attached on signal cable so I can insert the resistor between and test it.
The resistors I tested approximately close on value.
one of the article you can read here:

http://jimmyauw.com/2010/05/02/resistor-orientation-on-the-oscilloscope/

the other one...sorry I forgot... :)
This is sheer nonsense; the guy is simply misusing his scope - notice he's using a crocodile clip for one end and just the tip of the probe in the other. Because of the poor contact of the probe tip, he's going to get different results even if testing in the "same" direction. He's basically a fool of an engineer.
In what country is an, "alligator clip" referred to as a, "crocodile clip?" I'm guessing Oscilloscope is not your first language. The tip that is ATTACHED to the other lead of the resistor; is of the, "retractable hook" variety. They lock QUITE SECURELY onto whatever lead they are applied, and provide an excellent connection.
OK- In 40yrs of electronics; I've never heard the term, "Crocodile clip." Now- having looked it up, I suppose it was inevitable that someone would coin the phrase. The rest of my post stands pat.