Tube preamp recommendation ...

Hi guys. I am looking for a tube preamp for my new system. At the moment its looking like either plinius or bedini power amp with Shahinian obelisks. I was thinking of trying a tube amp for a change and something that is a little it exotic and has to look nice as well. The souind should be very transaparent, wide, neutral and highly musical possibly with a touch of warmth.
lotus340r
Or you might consider the Heron Audio VTSP-3A... CJ is great as well ......
The Rogue 99 Magnum is a very fine preamp and the 6SN7 tube is very musical.
With regard to the Dodd buffer, note that it is a passive which can be highly system dependent. Very transparent, but a passive can also have diminished dynamics, drive and oomph. This is what I found with the Dodd in my system, though in other respects it was excellent. If I were to go passive, it is likely what I would choose. But for me, a quality active pre wins out. You do need to spend to get the level of detail that a passive gives, but I find it worth it.
I love 6SN7s so a Cary preamp would be my recommendation. You can find good NOS/OS tubes to roll in order to fine tune the sound to your liking.
Look into Purity Audio...their pieces are getting a growing amount of attention and fit your description...