TurnTable Quest

Hello,  I would like to start saving for a TTable. I still have a crush on my first real TTable, a Denon DP62L. So sorry I sold it years ago.

WTS, I really like the separate motors, platter ect. Not sure what to look for in that direction. Feel free to offer suggestions. I wont be ready to buy for a while, hopefully the sticker shock wont be that bad.

Thank you, KG

kgveteran
Post removed 
"...what brand new table with arm and cart, are a going trend, for a grand or lower."

That is a different question. Anything from Rega, Pro-Ject, VPI etc in that price range would be fine, with the exception of Crosley ;-).

Good luck with your turntable quest.
""...what brand new table with arm and cart, are a going trend, for a grand or lower."

That is a different question. Anything from Rega, Pro-Ject, VPI etc in that price range would be fine, with the exception of Crosley ;-).

Good luck with your turntable quest.""

Ok, whats the deal with Crosley..... I gotta ask
kgveteran
Ok, whats the deal with Crosley..... I gotta ask
They are pathetically cheap. See one here.
I think they may actually make some "better" turntables now, but I don't think any Agoner would be caught dead with one.

It is an inexpensive turntable with a ceramic cartridge. Sold at Urban Outfittters, etc. Many models are portable players, including speakers. Not the quality you are looking for, and not good for your records due to high tracking force, crude stylus, etc.

I just mentioned it as a joke.