TW-Acustic Arm

TW-Acustic has a beautiful looking arm. Does anyone know what it sounds like?
128x128gerrym5
Darren

The XV-1s is a tight fit, the headshell lead connectors are a bit long and the XV-1s is a long cartridge so it makes for a tight fit.

I like how easy the TW arm is to setup. The VTA is nice and smooth, the anti-skate is very nice, and VTF makes changes a breeze.

Let me know how the Titan i sounds on the TW, I am sure you can live without the SQ for a while.
Andrew

From my time with the Phantom, I find the 10.5 is a bigger sounding arm with even better dynamics and cleaner bass. You probaly notice that first, with all things being equal. Its sound stage to me is more pinpoint without having imaging that are unrealistic, eg singers mounth as tall as a two story building, but that may be system dependent. The Phantom, I found is very good in its mid range in providing a lot of information, the 10.5 is at least on par with it there.

I do like the tool Bob Graham provides for his arms.

You no longer need a seperate phono cable with the TW 10.5, so that it nice. A very user friendly arm, a least with the TW AC.
It's been almost a year since the last post from Paul. Having just acquired the Raven One, I'm looking at either the TW Acustic 10.5 or Reed tonearm to go with it. Previously in this thread Audioblazer indicated he owned both of these arms. I would appreciate hearing from him or any others, having access to both, what it was soundwise that determined your preference of one over the other. Thank you.
Opus88,

The raven 10.5 is much easier to set up. Sounded great with my dynavector xv-1s. However the tonearm pin a bit too long , making it a very tight fit for my xv-1s. Best combination from the various arm/ catridge combo that I have ie schroeder 2fw/ ortofon, reed/ortofon a90, raven 10.5/zyx omega gold .
Even before burn in & when I first set it up, it thrashed the 10.5/zyx combo. So much so that 1 of my audio friends who is using phantom2/ zyx omega gold, immediate place an order for XV-1T. However I m not comfortable with the supply protractor. I don't really understand how to use it . I used a feirkert & mintlp protractor to set it up
I used my reed with a separate reed tonearm base on my garrard 301 & it was not easy to set up effective length correctly. Whenever I change the VTA, the tonearm tower of reed seems to move ever so slight changing my effective length. It's seems to have the same issues triplanar tonearm has ( no experience with this arm but from my friend with such arm) .