Ugly vs Gogeous speakers

I know speakers should be all about sound but I can't help responding to the look as well and this presents me with a dilemma.

I have owned B&W Nautilus 803's for many years and love the sound and value (excellent sound for reasonable cost). I would love to upgrade but I (and wife) think that the retro Star Wars R2D2 looking speaker (802) is nothing we would have in our living space.

What do others think the best looking / sounding speaker is? Do looks matter to you?

128x128jyprez
i've always loved the look of the wilson alexia - it's my biggest reason for wanting one :)

Wow, one vote for Sonus Faber, one for Wilson Alexia. The two could not be further apart visually  IMHO.

I guess it just proves there is no accounting for taste when it comes to good looks. (not saying which I prefer)

I find the form factor (as well as the sound) of my Janszen Valentina Active speakers to be just gorgeous.

twm3,

I'm on the fence with the looks of the JansZen speakers (I've been interested in hearing them).   They look promising, sort of a mix of retro and modern.  It's the type of thing that would look chintzy if the build quality is average, but if the build quality is such as to have more of a premium feel I think they could be nice to look at.