ultimate final word best cd set up

Seeking world class #1 top of the line choice cd system? I am too and recently i have heard the esoteric X-01 with jm labs diva utopias, bat preamp driven by a burmester amp. When the cd source was switched to a burmester I was disappointed. At first i didn't notice any difference until the esoteric was put back on and I have to say there is seldom a sound like this. I totally forgot about the equipment and focused on the music. For us not so fortunate in the financial aspect what cd players or combos (transport and dac) will approach this level but not cost nearly as much. I currently own a sony dvp 9000 es which is decent, but obviously i'ld like to have betta. thanks
pedrillo
Tvad, thanks for the advise. I am also convinced that the 3910 is Alex's best project to date and it also offers the most playback format compatibility as well. Best regards.
"kana813 the Talk Electronics Thunder 3.1b ?"

Mejames- check out the pictures in the thread over at:
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=14829&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Retails for $3600., impressive build quality and features,like dual linear power suppplies, upsampling etc.
Pedrillo, I have reasons to suspect that you and I listened to the same system. Was it at Sound By Singer in N.Y? And your observations about Burmester 001 vs Esoteric X-01 match my findings exactly. See:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ddgtl&1090867688&read&keyw&zzx-01
I am still in love with X-01, especially after the consultant applied the Shunyata Anaconda chord.
On the other hand, as pointed out already, ModWright, APL, Exemplar, have modified Denon and Sony universal playerswith apparently exceptional results, and prices ranging from $2600 for the ModWright Sony to approx $4K for the APL moded Denon 3910.
A group of dedicated audiophiles and agones from Chicago, led by the brave AVGURU and 711SMILIN are conducting a series of fascinating shootouts on modified and non modified players. See the following URL:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ddgtl&1099737755&read&keyw&zzx-01

Guido
Peepoy2 . I have the 3910 on order and have not heard it yet . I sure hope it is at least as good . Alex has stated the denon mod is better sonically. It should be as it costs more but first let me state that Alex has made some bold claims regarding his work and I was somewhat skeptical to be honest. I now feel that he has understated the work and its sonic merits . The Phillips arrived and it stunned me. {I plan on a full blown review in the future} . My 1000 had all the latest mods he offered and was as good or better than he described. The signature sound of the unit was a " cavernous " soundstage. It was simply huge. Its so obvious . The unit takes about 300 hours to fully mature and the first 50 hours delivered what can only be described as awe inspiring. It seemed organic.It was coming to life on a daily basis. I could hear things being uncovered before my eyes... er ... ears. Things in recordings that were obscured just the prior day of listening. I dont mind spending the lottery buying gear that I find brings me what i seek in audio but at the same time i relish getting bargins when i stumble upon them . The Xindak gold cable and now the APl modded players have taught me that true bargins exist out there. Buying prestige luxury items for pretentious vanity is a fools game .
Greetings Brainwater,

I just ordered my Denon 3910 from Alex today but it will take a good 6 weeks as he is busy planning for the CES in January. I am quite excited to see...uh...hear this highly regarded unit. Please tell me about the Xindak cabling that you are using. What made you a believer in these reasonably priced cables?

I was just looking at your featured systems. You are extremely lucky to have dedicated rooms for both HT and 2-channel systems. You must treat your wife very well (WAF)! You have very impressive systems that will rival the best out there (Albert Porter's, Mike Lavigne's, etc.). After I get settled with my digital source and some tweaking of my room's acoustics, I might post my system here as well. I can always use great advice from people like yourself to configure my dream system (in my case, the HT and 2-channel systems). Best regards!