Unintended lyrics

Music to sooth the savage beast (breast).What songs do you know that people routinely misunderstand the lyrics, to the concernation or amusement of the artist. For example Dylans's "Excuse me while I turn and kiss the guy" (kiss the sky). Nylons "Give me the Beach Boys and free my soul" (Give me the beat boys and free my soul I want to get lost in the rock and roll)
128x128gammajo
Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Cold Shot", we have the lyrics, "That's a cold shot, babe". Sounds like "Mexico shopping"
The chanting at the end of "I am the Walrus" is "smoke pot, smoke pot, everybody smoke pot" I thought this was common knowledge regardless of what Lennon claimed in later interviews
Commom knowledge?

I tend to believe the guy who wrote the song as opposed to the wishful thinkers who constantly over interpreted everything the Beatles wrote.
Wishful thinkers?
Over interpreted?

Have you listened to the song???
Having just downloaded the latest Beatles release "Love" and listened to it repeatedly I can assure you of what is being sang. Listen for yourself. I have nothing to gain personally with this observation but to deny it just because Lennon does does not make it any less obvious. Also The White Album does say... I buried Paul, miss him, miss him, miss him.
Regardless of what Lennon and McCartney may have said in later years one cannot rewrite history to reflect current trends.
By the way, History is being rewritten ever day, to the point where we start doubting ourselves. I have no doubt what the Beatles lyrics were in that particular song, and whether you agree with the premise or not neither should you.
More to discover