Upgrade transport and lose Genesis Lens?

I currently have a Meridian 500 transport/Audioquest Hawk Balanced Digital Cable/Genesis Digital Lens/MIT Oracle Digital Cable/PS Audio Ultralink DAC. I noticed that when I took out the MIT Oracle cable from the Lens and connected it straight to the transport I got a huge boost in clarity. The sound was so much more cleaner and the pace was a lot faster. I was thinking is that because the Audioquest isn't up to par with the Oracle, should I just get another Oracle to get back that detail or would it be better to sell the Meridian/Audioquest/Genesis and get a new transport. I would probably have about 2,000 to spend on a used transport.
Thanks
128x128kleonard
To answer MikeSingers questions, I can't use the Audioquest Hawk with the PS Audio Ultralink because it doesn't have balanced digital inputs. For power cords I use the Zu Bok on all units, and a Monster Stage 2 power conditioner. I am in New York City so I'm sure there are tons of dealers but I don't know any right now. I didn't know you could take a setup to a dealer for AB testing. If you know of any leads that would be great as also. I was thinking that maybe the Audioquest Hawk was flattening out the signal before it got to the Lens so maybe I should just buy another Oracle. I haven't heard Nordost Valhalla, but I've heard that the Oracle outperforms it by far and is one of the best out there. As for dacs, I'm pretty sure a better DAC would improve the sound also, but there is such a big difference in overall quality with the DAC I have when the Oracle runs straight to the transport. If I get a new DAC, surely it would still exhibit the same degree of clarity change that I see from the Oracle/Lens/Hawk/Meridian combo to the Oracle/Meridian combo. The Lens does have the added 3 dimensionality and warmth that I like but currently at the cost of more clarity and detail.
Kleonard, Two simple ideas:
Join one of the NYC metropolitan area audio clubs to have access to personalized assistance, minus any NYC retail sales pressure. A club member might even make a "housecall" to work with you.
If you like to attend audio events, check out the announcement for the VTV Audio and Music Expo May 6-7 in neighboring New Jersey.
Either way, you'll hear some fine equipment to which you may be attracted, if you don't hear all you want with your present multi-unit approach. I am satisfied with my systems, but would not hesitate to start over with a great all-in-one if I felt at all bewildered by what to change to get the desired sound.
Thanks I'll check out that club.
re:what terminations are you using with amp/pre (rca/xlr) ?
I use rca terminations on my preamp, which is a Headroom Max headphone amp.
just to confirm... going from transport (rca out) to lens(rca in and xlr out) to pre (xlr in to rca out to amp) ??