Upgrading digital source device is not easy

I am looking for recommendation for upgrade from Cary 306 SACD professional.

My current set up is Harbeth 40.2/Cary 805 AE/ Cary SLP 05/ Cary 306 SACD professional plyer
I am using MAC/Amarra 4.0 /  Halide Design S/PDIF Bridge USB-S/PDIF converter via coaxial input to CAry 306 sacd professional. Rega P8.
I am wondering what would be good upgrade for my digital end.
I have a lot of SACD and CD collection and I have 2t byte music digital file.
I want digital end upgrade but I have no confidence to have better sounds after upgrade  since this Cary 306 SACD Professional is really good one.
I will appreciate some recommendation.
Thanks

zone5
Have you thought of adding a Bryston DAC 3?  It can take the DSD stream from and SACD via HDMI
I have to look at the back of Cary 306 pro to see there is hdmi output.

for me 
mid tone liquidity and sound stage is most important among all other aspects

The DAC in the Cary is already very good.

To best it, you will have to go to something like this $23K Esoteric D-02 for $8,895.

Here’s a review of it: https://www.audiostream.com/content/esoteric-d-02-dual-mono-da-converter

For your computer digital sources, You can do much better. Much lower jitter.

Options:

1) Empirical Audio Interchange DLNA renderer with HDMI I2S output - you can use Jriver or Audirvana+ as players

2) Empirical Audio Off-Ramp 6 XMOS USB converter (galvanically isolated) with HDMI I2S output - no driver needed for Mac or Linux

These should match or beat your transport.

Steve N.

Empirical Audio

Weiss 501 or Benchmark DAC 3 or Mytek Brooklyn DAC+.

These latest DACs will outperform a 10 year old design. The biggest benefit is usually with redbook format files. More vinyl sounding but with all the detail of digital and ultra low noise floor.