Upgrading receiver: Got a pair of Dynaudio Sapphires+NAD C740

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Totem Staafs to Dynaudio Sapphires and of course love the new speakers. I believe my receiver is not doing justice to the speakers and need to upgrade. My budget at this time is $1500. Here are my constraints and questions:
1) If it is worth upgrading from NAD c740 to a higher end Stereo receiver?
2) I need a receiver with ability to drive two pairs of speakers (main dynaudios and other ones are totems in another room). Any suggestions?

ray_sonya
Also consider amps and IA from Sim Moon and Musical Fidelity both work well with the Dyns. 
While I agree Dyn's love lots of good clean current I had no problems driving my C1's and later C1 sigs with a 70W @4ohm Octave tube integrated. I started with a Bryston B100 sst but found the Octave to have much better 'control' of the music and much less 'dry' sounding. Later I upgraded to the 110W Octave and gained a hair more control. A friend had Sapphires and later C4's sig's also drove them with a 75W@4ohm Octave integrated. Another fried drove his C4 sig's with a Naim Supernait2. They sounded great IMO.

That said you really need to go listen to different amps to hear what sound signature you prefer. I personally preferred a 'warmer' sounding amp with Dyn's. My local dealer sold Sim Audio when I purchased the original C1's and I personally didn't care for that combo. Why - because I found myself listening to and analyzing individual instruments and vocals without hearing the music. Again that's just me.

So I will say don't just buy an amp just for gobs of power.
I have bel canto ref1000m driving Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii and other speakers. Great amp and combo with Dynaudio.  
I am running C-1's with a 100 watt tube amp and it is plenty of power. I have used solid state amps in the past and I find the tubes give a warmer presentation with the Dyn's.

I think Xti-16 gave you good advice when he said to listen to different amps and see what you like. Everyone has their own taste so you have to find what makes you happy.