Upgrading the "original " Rogue Sphinx integrated amp to the new version 2 (v-2)??

I have the original Rogue "Sphinx" integrated amp which was introduced approx. 4 years ago. There are upgrades now available for $400.00 plus round trip shipping. The upgrades focus on headphone output level;  increasing output level of phono stage, and general noise floor reduction,  Has any original  Rogue. Sphinx owner had these upgrades done?? and is it WORTH IT, THAT IS, demonstrates a noticeable improvement in sound quality. especially noise floor

I ask because the upgrades with  shipping will cost $600 from Rogue's factory in Pennsylvania to the West Coast ( they will not pay for return shipping).  It is a nice integrated amp, but no classic. I have considered taking that $600 and adding maybe $1100, and buying something new or used mint that is superior in sound quality for around $1800-$2000. Must have a excellent phono stage that can do both MM/MC, and be 100-150 RMS.   All suggestions and recommendation are welcomed.   Thank you

sunnyjim
You can always sell the one you have for a minimum of $600 or more and buy the new model that lists for $1295. If you do that it will only cost you $700 or less for the V2. Just an option of course ! 
 This place has free shipping.
http://hifiheaven.net/shop/Rogue-Audio/Rogue-Audio-Sphinx-V2-Integrated-Amplifier-Display-Model

YB,  Thank you for the suggestions. I have carefully considered both options. I am vaguely familiar with the Hi-Fi Heaven outlet, but they do seem to have a large selection of products. At this point, I need just some honest opinion if the Rogue V.2 offers better sound quality than the original,... beside the other convenience upgrades to the headphone out put and phono stage. 

If not, then I will look for something (used and) much better than even the Rogue V.2 on Audiogon to stretch my dollars. However, finding.... "the better to much better sound".... could  come at a very high premium.     

Another option is keep what you have and get a better power amp using the preamp out on the Rogue.
I think your limiting factor here is probably the phono stage.  The number of integrateds at the 2k or below price with even a decent MC/MM phono stage is fairly small.  The best I have heard is the Unison Research Unico.  Other brands with a phono stage that get good reviews in your price range are Rega and Croft, although the Croft has only an MM stage (not sure about the Rega).  My thoughts would be to look for a good integrated without worrying about the phono stage and add a solid, inexpensive outboard stage like the Vincent PHO8 (I LOVED mine), iFi Phono, etc.  I also like Yogiboy's suggestion.  The Rogue Sphinx apparently has an excellent preamp stage.  Upgrading the power amp may be all you need.  Best, Scott