US/Canada Customs Fees

I am considering a purchase of a used amp from Canada, value about US$4000. If I had it shipped UPS to the Canadian border, picked it up in Canada and carried it through US Customs, what kind of fees would I expect to pay to Customs (duties, taxes, etc)? Thanks.
coryc
Same story-Bought a CD player from Canada and got a $46 UPS bill,in addition to my shipping costs.The seller denied any responsibility in the matter although he was a dealer.
The truth is out there somewhere!
Coryc
Have you tried taking the amp over to the US yet ? I work in the states, but live in Canada. I can easily bring the equipement accross any time in my car, but what do they charge you for taxes or dutie if the products are made in US/Canada ?
The sale did not go through so I don't have first hand experience.
Per my 6/13 post there is a duty based on declared value (with receipt) over $400, independent of NAFTA. However I do not understand if this applies to private sales of used equipment. There may or may not be an additional fee if the equipment was produced in a non-NAFTA country, I still don't know for certain. I would hate to be surprised with an extra duty at the border, therefore I will not be purchasing non-NAFTA items from Canada until this is known to me.