Vandersteen 3A Sig vs. Von Schweikert VR4 Jr.

Ok, I've whittled my list down to the above. However, I have not had a chance to listen to either of these yet (dealers are scarce in my area.) I value the folks' opinions on this site very much and would like some regarding which speaker they'd recommend. I have Marantz SA8260 SACD and PM7200 Integrated. I listen to primarily Jazz and other acoustic music. Thanx in advance.
pawlowski6132
VMPS ribbon monitors may be the best choice. The speed and naturalism with acoustic instruments must be heard to be believed. It's a serious contender in your price category and at least two reviewers have bought the speakers they reviewed. Also Best of High end at CES for technology and value. The judges saying the 4600.00 retail speakers sounding as good as 20,000 dollar speakers they heard.
I suspect Selah Audio arrays are also a super bargain. Both of these are world class companies and build speakers that are Outstanding for the money. Ask Audio_girl how planars are with acoustic music. The Magneplanars are a great speaker if your listening room can accomodate them. Also the VMPS speakers use planar drivers. I would do as much research as I could before I pulled the trigger. Maybe try requesting for people in your area to let you audition their speakers on audioasylum, audiocircle.com and here. List what you're interested in after you do alot more research. This could give you a better idea of what they sound like. I had Vandersteen's and they are easily beaten for the dollar these days imho. Best of luck to you.
Yeah,
I completely forgot about the VMPS RM40 and RM30!
I would LOVE to hear these!
I have never had the opportunity to audition any of the VMPS speakers, but I have heard many good things about them.
I have a feeling that I might even like them better than the Von Schweikert VR-4JR's.
Yes, ribbons and planars sound EXTREMELY natural and detailed on acoustic instruments and voices. I love their easy openness, effortless detail, utter transparency, top-end extension, and sheer speed!
Best of luck on your search!
Warnerwh,

while there's nothing wrong with recommending another speaker, i believe it is important for you that you disclose you are VMPS dealer. also, the thread originator was SPECIFICALLY asking about the Vandy 3A Sig and VSA VR4Jr because he had whittled his list down to these. he was not asking for general speaker recommendations...
pawlowski6132,

i've heard the 4 Jrs in my room and the 3A Sigs in someone else's system. both sound amazing when driven by great front ends! excellent coherency, detail, soundstage and presence from both. bass is a bit more extended w/ the 4 Jrs. you can't go wrong w/ either. while i've grown partial to listening to 1st order speakers, the 4 jrs really don't let on their 4th order roots...

pick your poison...:-)
"I had Vandersteen's and they are easily beaten for the dollar these days imho" -- and your a VPMS dealer, nice!

At $3500 the 3A Sigs compete and hold up very nicely to the competion. To each his own, I listened to the VMPS, the 4Jr, the Dali Helecon 400, the Joseph Audio RM25 and each was plesent and had their strong points. Musically, however, none bested the 3A Sigs. With all the others, the speakers never disappeared, leaving just the music like the Vandy's did. All were set up in very good environments, with equipment that probably betters mine.