Vandersteen 3a vs Magnepan 3.7i

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has compared these speakers. I currently have the Maggie's but find vocal glaring or haze on many recordings even with the resistors. My listening room is 12x15. Most of my listening is rock with some jazz and classical thrown in.
johnto
Thanks Johnny R

adding some high visibility fly line backing ( free ) to my speaker setup bag !!!

But in general most detail freak audiophile setups I see suffer from excessive toe in.....
Hi johnto,

I would second exploring amps or room set up.

My limited experience is that there should not be glare from Maggies. I have had 1.2's, 1.7's, 3.6's, and have listened to the 3.7's.

My experience is that a good amp is critical and not just a lot of watts.

Thanks for listening,

Dsper 
A dealer displayed 3.7s powered by large tube amps facing each other with a tweeter attached on the top of both frames facing the listening position but not toed in. Other than a full Sanders Sound system it was the only other time I've enjoyed panels.

But thats me. 

Hi Johnto,
I have 3.7i with Oppo 105 and Bryston 4B ST.  Your set up is better than mine and I agree with others the problem is not with your equipment.  my room is not ideal - about 20 x 20 with about half of the back wall being open.  My plus might be 12' ceilings with odd angles.  i agree with the guy who is suggesting you consider your room dynamics.  Dipoles can bounce a lot of sound waves around - certain frequencies can be attenuated and timing can turn bad and make things sound muddy.  my room is too hard and bright, but with the window treatments closed it becomes very good.  Using the 1 Ohm resistors for the high and a single Bass Panel i get non-fatiguing highs and mids, a crazy wide sound stage and very good center imaging from a fairly wide sweet spot. I have had some other very good speakers.  There are a lot of things I really like about the 3.7i, but i actually consider the LOW Frequencies to be the best - fast, controlled and never boomy.  nothing like it when listening to standing bass.