Vibration and Isolation at a budget?

Hello,

Well, my system is nearly complete (for now), except for vibration isolation control.

I'm running a MMF-5>Slee Era Gold>Onix SP3.

Speakers: Onix Ref 1's and actually using a small musical x-sub right now (may or may not go away while comparing).

I'm in medical school, so budget is key. So, I"m wondering what some good tweaks are for this system. My speaker stands are solid and sand filled. My stand is a Salamander Archetype. The MM5-5 is a dual plinth with some vibration feet on it. I"m getting a cabinet builder to make me a 2" Maple Stand for the TT.

What else should I get? Are the vibrapods better than a maple stand? Anything for the Era Gold? Sub? The SP3 is on points right now, should these be placed in a vibrapod or something similar?

Thanks y'all!!
pablo16
Put your brass cones on the TT and four soft mounts like Sorbothane, Vibropods or IsoBlocks (in order of soft to not so soft) between maple and Salamander. At those prices you can experiment. Brass cones under Era with a weight on top. Remove sand from stands and put in a bag of the largest lead shot you can get from a gun supply shop in each stand before replacing what sand will fit. Put cones between speaker stands and floor. Be sure that cones pierce carpet if you have any. Ditto for sub. Get rid of the amp and buy a guitar. ;-)
I am looking into isolation products as well.

Sorry if I am highjacking this thread.....

I have a Blue Circle BC27 phono stage for audition now and if I raise the volume high enough, there is this very low frequency energy being reproduced by the speakers.
My Pro-Ject Tube Box MkII phono stage does not do this either with rumble filter on or off.
I suspect few things as being the cause of the problem:
1) The problem is feedback and not really a turntable rumble per say;
2)the table isolation;
3)BC27 stage reproduces these lower frequencies and Pro-Ject attenuates them.

I have my table simply on the top shelf of a Salamander Archetype 2 and there is nothing in between the shelf and the table. Table, a Pro-Ject Xperience, has stock cone feet.

Am I correct in my assesment of the problem?
How can this be cured?
If the isolation is the cause, would a Mapleshade platform with isoblocks be more or less effective than, say, Ginko Cloud 11?
Thanks!
isolation on a budget

probably more than you want to spend but
Silent Running Audio VR series stands took my amp, cd and preamp to new levels

their OHIO series is anything but budget
and when you get out of med school you can afford a CRAZ rack
Audphile1, a couple of basic solutions to try.

One option is a 2"-3" thick maple platform. There are some being sold on Audiogon for less than $100/ea. Place a double stack of 3/8" thick 40 or 50 durometer sorbothane between the platform and the surface on which it rests. This combo alone will help your problem tremendously, and it won't cost more than $150.

I use a similar set-up, but instead of a maple platform I utilize a Neuance platform made by Ken Lyon of Greater Ranges. The Neuance platform costs about $200 and can be auditioned for 30 days.

Give either a try, and my guess is you'll be quite happy.
Also, interesting, I've noticed, by searching the forums, that some use bubble wrap under the isolation platforms. This is kind of cool to exepriment with, as at least the bubble wrap costs nothing.