Vincent Amps

Has anybody used or heard these. I was thinking about trying them with my Vandersteen 1Cs.

Thanks
joeygrace321
I had the 236 integrated. I liked it, but wasn't overwhelmed by it. I do, however, look for a sense of life, not "good bass" or whatever else part of the frequency spectrum comes to mind. I do look for cointinuousness, a trait first seen in the Jadis amps, also in the Hurricanes and the entire Antique Sound Lab line, and the Vincent did not seem to have that. I kept it for a year and then decided that it wasn't quite for me. It did have good imaging and soundstaging, though, so if that's what you want, it does do those things.
I would say the Translucent has the blacker backgrounds and; extension would be a literal tie between the Translucent and the LAT international and the soundstage width/depth to the LAT by a hair.

Both cables have "different" but excellent sound. The Vincent monoblocks that I had the great fortune of purchasing are excellent across the frequency spectrum and sound very lifelike - they give my brain the spatial cues that mimics live music. They have spanked by Audio Physic Avanti Centruy speakers in a way that they have never been subjected to and are giving me extreme sonic pleasure. Previously I had in a heavily modified (Joseph Chow, Audio Horizons) Audio Van Alstine Fet Valve 250 wpc hybrid amplifier that really sounds great, though compared to the Vincent monoblocks, more laid back with less heft on the bottom end and probably not as extended on the top end.

Nevertheless, the AVA is a superb performer. I have a Coda 250 wpc amplifier that is on my third two channel system running through a cheap SS parasound pre-amp (modified by Chow, Audiohorizons) that is a sonic tour de force. Great bass, lively mid-range, and non-fatiguing, extended highs.