Voice. Most powerful and natural instrument.

Do you agree?
inna
And in the future life?
What kind of system would one need to reproduce blue whale's singing realistically, I wonder?
Anyway, it appears that everyone more or less agrees with my original statement about human voice.
Hi Kijanki - yes, I do play the French horn. I tried looking up the decibel levels of various instruments quickly, but I would have to dig deep to find it. I know I have it somewhere. Anyway, the actual decibel level possible is not always that relevant to how loud something is perceived. The ear hears the amplitude of different timbres differently. The sound power of the trombone, for instance, is many times that of the French horn, even if both are playing at the same dynamic level. The sound power of a bass drum is more than four times again that of a trombone. And of course, the sound power of all of these instruments exceeds that of the voice. They can also sustain their maximum volumes for a longer period of time, especially in the case of percussion, where they don't have to stop to breathe, and are using much stronger muscle groups to play. Only if we are talking about a relatively short period of time (a long high note at the end of an aria, say) would the unamplified voice be perceived as loudly as a brass instrument, regardless of the actual decibel level.
Learsfool,

That's true, voice cannot sustain peak loudness for a long time but rating of over 120dB is more than peak of your French Horn (114dB). As I said before, I witnessed soprano practicing scales in small room and it was scary loud. It wasn't just very loud human voice but rather sounded like painfully loud amplified voice. I just could not believe that the same person can at one time speak regular voice and the other time produce this incredible loudness, and it was only practice and not even peak.

Talking about effort required - how hard it is to play/blow French Horn. Trumpet players often get very red on the face or end up getting big overinflated cheeks (Dizzy Gillespie comes to mind). If I remember correctly, there is more than one French Horn in the orchestra (possibly 2) and they are located in the very back left side to the left of percussion. That placement would suggest that they posses very loud sound.