Von Schweikert VR-4jr owners, your thoughts?

Hi, I was just wondering if there were any new VR-4jr owners here? And what do you think of them?
Are they worth the asking price... and more?
What are their strengths? Weaknesses?
And what are you driving them with?
Thanks for any input you may have.
Regards,
geoh
geoh
I have both the VR-4 Jrs. and VR-4 HSEs in my room at the moment. I haven't done a direct A-B, but the Jrs. don't strike me as having a particularly recessed or distant sound. The HSEs might be a BIT more forward, but I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing or not--depends on one's perspective. I think the Jrs. are better soundstagers than the HSEs, and they seem to have 95% of the slam factor of the larger speakers. All in all, I think the Jrs. are one of the best deals in high-end. There's no way they should be able to deliver the performance they do at the 4k mark, but they do. The HSEs are probably still a little bit better--for 2k more, they should be--but, at least as far as I can tell, the differences are slight at best.
I agree with Hooper. The difference between the 4 and 4 jr are very minor.

The midrange is a bit back on the jrs (when the rear ambiance driver) is used. However, I think it is because the soundstage is deep (past the back wall). In that respect it is how is should be. If the rear ambiance driver is turned off then the soundstage is smaller and the midrange is more present.

So I don't see it as a problem or inacuracy. It is a tweak to customise what you hear.

I still get goose bumbs when I hear a well recorded LP. I didn't expect that for $4k
Mid-bass recessed? I believe Gp1 is the first audiophile to say this. What do the rest of you think? Perhaps the very good depth of the speaker does bring the soundstage back a bit, is what I am gathering. Well, let's just bloat it up a bit with a bloomy tube preamp or amp! That's what I call customizing the sound.....
Robm321,
What spikes did you use to replace the VR-4jr spikes with? Are you happy with them? Do you know the thread size of the spikes? Thanks
ELB.. Contact VSA. They will send you a pair of the new spikes at no charge. Just got mine this week, and they are a major improvement.

Carl