VPI table owners, help please.

I'm using the SuperScoutmaster with VPI signature arm and Dynavector XX2 or 17D3 cartridge. I'm using an Ayre P-5xe phono stage. Was wondering what cables you guys & gals have been using (or not using because?) between your arm and phonostage? I run RCA from arm to phono. Looking in the $500.00 range new for 1m pr. Any opinions would really help.
Rest of the system is VPI SDS, Ayre K-1XE preamp, Parasound JC-1 monoblocks, and Thiel CS7.2 speakers.
tom_hankins
I had the VPI cable, found it very ordinary, and sold it a year or so ago. Am currently using Oyaide PA-02 cables I terminate with Bullet Plugs, after going through umpteen others. Good luck, Dave
I've listened several cables and am presently using the Esoteric A4 interconnects between the Scout and phono preamp and also between the phono preamp and preamp.
I use zu cable xaus with my scout. I think it retails for $379.00. You can probably find it for less.
I talked to Nordost, and Cardas and the tech at Music direct. Cardas says the cables are pretty much the same wether phono or regular. Just set up to use with DIN connector and I should just use the normal rca/rca cables. Sounds like basicly the same with the Nordost cables. It seems like if noise is not an issue the great advantage of not having to use a DIN plug is being able to use any cables you like. I have tried four different cables and the only one that I got any hum from were the Bogdans(unshielded). To bad since they are my favorite. I would think that the burn in issues with such a small output from the cartridge would be a real concern but easily overcome. I have some other cables by Audioquest (DBS) to try so that wont be a problem with them. The Nordost cables I am going to try come pre-burned from music direct with 30 day trial so thats a plus. I will also try the Zu Xaus phono cable since they have a money back trial also. Thanks for the help everyone. I will post my findings as I go through cables.
I have the Scout using a Fidelity ResearchFR1mk3f into a Sutherland PHD,and I presently use Shunyata Aries.I tried a half metre length of Kimber PBJ because it has thin wires similar to the arm wire.Not a very good sound.The Shunyata went back in. Also have used Cardas 300B, Axion, and old Audio Technica cable(no joke, very smooth,litz type)all had their own strengths and weaknesses.Never had any ground hum issues with any of the cables.