We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
If upgraded fuses I purchased were the SR Black.  Upgraded to the SR Blue when they made them user friendly (immediately better without 72 hour break-in of the Blacks).  My audio engineer friend and manufacturer of cables who has the same equipment as me, thought one better (if it can be made the same but cheaper is his motto) installed 5 amp circuit breakers instead of buying 8 amp SR blue fuses for our amps.  About the same result but his was infinitely less expensive.  Until I demonstrated a littlefuse versus the SR Blue, he didn't believe it.

So, a huge Yes on fuses.  Plus, they are directional from the start, no waiting needed to hear the difference.
P.S. The same naysayers and trolls are affecting this forum as the SR Red/Black/Blue forums.  Too bad.  Audiophiles should try the fuses before making up their mind.
Elizabeth,  I use the Walker Talisman, an expensive pair of magnets but easy to use, on every CD and DVD I play.  The results are obvious when the disc has been played through and magnetism adheres to it.  I also use it on LPs but I'm lazy about that since it takes longer to sweep the record on and off motions 5 times to complete the demagnetization.  Thanks for your informed comments.  It's a big relief from the naysayers.
douglas_schroeder
It might be interesting to see how many fuse Skeptics and Adopters own digital or analogue front ends. Could we add this to the survey?
I'm a skeptic with both analog and digital front ends, but I'm not a naysayer. I learned long ago not to judge the sound of anything without listening. Similarly, I won't buy a car I haven't driven, or buy a suit I haven't tried on first.

I'll probably experiment with a fuse or two sometime. It just isn't high on my priority list.

Meanwhile, everyone here should be able to discuss their experiences without some of the acrimony that results, imo.

@geoffkait "The fusible element is comprised of thick film gold that is deposited on a thermally and electrically insulated substrate. A complete range of fusing values is achievable by precisely controlling the fusible element print thickness and geometry. Thick film silver termination pads are placed at each end of the thick film fusible element. The fusible element is completely covered with an arc suppressive glass."

That's exactly the material I used to R&D and produce.  Beyond the full spectrum of thick film, we also made thin (metallorganic and organometallic) film, gold powders, glass (sounds like a single item, but we had too many formulations to list or discuss here), dielectric tapes, solder, etc.  Most fun at work I ever had, and a fair number of us were audiophiles.

Whose thick film did you use, and what means did you use to apply them?  Your substrate was alumina or something else?