We Need An Audiophile TV Channel

The average person needs to be exposed to stereo equipment, both modern and vintage.

Someone needs to start an audiophile TV channel on cable which demonstrates equipment.

Or is there one out there already that isn't on my local cable? I've got AT&T U-verse and have had Comcast.
cboyles
I just disagree with the common assumption that if you expose the masses to high-end audio that they will flock to it in untold numbers, or in any numbers actually. I just don't think that that will happen. I have many friend and assorted other acquaintances that upon hearing my system are very impressed and yet none, and I mean none of them, have gone out and purchased anything anywhere close to what could be considered a high-end audio system, and these are all people who love music. This hobby will always be a very limited niche hobby and we all just better reconcile with this fact.
Snofun3, I am with you here. I can just imagine if I go on TV and demo these tweaks, most people will think I am either a scam artist or a crook.
There used to be a program on radio, called "Audiophile Edition", if I am not mistaken. So the notion of having a TV channel or a TV program is not so far fetched.
Even if a one hour show were dedicated to Audiophila it would eventually be dominated by whom ever has the biggest advertising budget. TV would be nice but I think we should build a temple! Where Audiophiles can go and see and hear equipment, have a hall with a museum of old vintage gear and recordings. Another area with seminars on set up and understanding your equipment. Holographic images of the past great designers and reviewers. A gift shop selling replica posters and Michael Fremer key chains. Gee, my heart is racing gotta pop another prozac.