What amps/preamps/integrateds to use with a particular speaker?

Hi all!
I hear that a good way to assemble a stereo system is to buy the speakers one wants and then buy the amp/preamp/integrated that will work well with the speakers.
I want to buy Legacy Audio Classic HD floorstanders. What would you recommend for an amp/preamp/integrated that you think would work well with these speakers?
I listen to 50s-80s classic rock, blues and old school metal such as Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. Sometimes I like to feel the music a bit but my old ears can’t handle very loud volume like they used to.
Anyway, thanks for all of your recommendations! I’m looking forward to reading your responses.
diofan56
What's wrong with the forum editor?  My editing (spacing, etc.) is not being taken by the editor.
Sorry for not getting back sooner.
I asked your location because I think you should consider Vandersteen speakers. I think you can do better than the Legacy floorstanders. 
Unfortunately, there are no dealers near you, unless you go to Wisconsin or Missouri.
I also wouldn't strike out a speaker because it doesn't have a certain design. You might be surprised when you hear a new speaker and discover it is using a sealed cabinet.
Other companies to look at (that I enjoy listening to):
Magnepan and Sound Lab- If you would consider eletrostatics.
ProAc.
If at all possible try to audition as many speakers in order to get a feel of what you like.
There are some companies that allow you to audition and send them back, but you have to buy new and pay for return shipping.-But, at least you get an idea of how they sound.

Bob
My EAR Yoshino V20 was specifically designed for the original Quad speaker, known as the ESL-57. Prices vary, if you can find one for sale. I've heard them together and its magic.

ray