what is your proceedure for setting up u'r system?

My experience suggests, that most people haven't a clue as to where to start, nor what they are doing, in setting up properly engineered audio/video system! At least, however, they might know what pieces of gear they want, but then have no idea how to implement what they end up with.
Anyone want to share their "thought processes" in setting up a multichannel HT/music system in a home environement?...what considerations do you take into acount?...what goals do you have with your gear/room?...where do the speakers/seats go?...how should I set up my processor?...acoustics?...tpes of gear?...system setup and lineconditioning?...why?...etc..
flrnlamb
You need to read Robert Harley's Complete Guide To Home Theater. As you typed most people haven't a clue as to where to start, nor what they are doing. That is the same fore most people on here.
Good Luck,
Krellm7
Notice I got only one post on this thread!!!!
This just solidifies what I've found over the years, and that's that people really don't know what they're doing when they put all this together!...whoooopie!!!!
Yeah, most are all poking around there on the gon for used gear that they'll likely shove into some space in their living room, and hope for the best.
Let me just inform anyone peaking in on this thread, that they are in for a general sonic dissapointment likely! That's the deal. Seen it all a thousand times over the years. People read about what are all the hot items to buy. Then they buy em, thinking all is as good as it gets, only to set up a rather lackluster system....
...shoulda got home theater in a box and saved a fortune!(lol)
The Cardas Website has some excellent material on setting up main speakers.

http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=insights&content_id=26&pagestring=Room+Setup

The link below provides a solid starting point for integrating your subwoofer.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/setup/loudspeakers/SubwooferCalibration.php

You are on your own for the center & rear speaker placement. I use a phantom center which makes the center integration a no-brainer.

Good Luck