What's going on with the audio market?

Recent retail sales reports are very bad and I am hearing that sales for audio equipment have been nonexistent over the past few months.  I also see more dealers putting items up for sale here and on other outlets.  Even items that have traditionally sold quickly here are expiring without being sold. 

To what would you attribute the slowdown?  Have you changed your buying habits for audio equipment and, if so, why? 
theothergreg
btw. I was talking about official factory upgrades, such as new drivers for the "same" speakers and vibration control feets. i agree a 100% that homegrown changes can destroy the sales-price.
The audiophile market is dead.

BTW, you can get great great great sound with ($500) av receiver and cheap ($100-200) speakers. The trick is use mogami speaker cable.

I had a $10k+ audiophile system. I sold it at quite a big loss. My current system cost less than $1000 and sounds way better (active monitors are amazing bang for the buck). Technologies have moved on.

I still got a pair of audiophile floorstander left, I might write it completely off soon.
Hey @coli 

I agree about the Mogami cables. LOL. They are a great value. Though in my case it helped to have some decent equipment to start with.  

Yup Obama is too blame for the bad audio market the last 8 years. It always comes back to Obama.  No Obama no audio problem.  Anyway. Make higher quality better priced gear and it could grow again. 
Post removed