What's the best mid-range driver available?

I'm thinking of trying the DIY route for a pair of full-range speakers. In your opinion, what is the BEST mid-range driver available and the best place to buy it?
Thanks for all your comments for the tweeter!
Thanks and happy listening!
myraj
One more contender for "best" mid. Accuton 2 and 3 inch dome, probably 2nd to the ATC
so they make the best mid, but do they do as well with the woofer and tweet or do they have someone else. Now i would have doubts that they can do all 3 drivers world class. If the thread said best tweets, then which would show up? Lets not bring up the Accuton Diamond tweeter at $2800 EACH!!!. I guess top tweet may be the Raven 3
ATC will not sell any drivers alone. There are only 2 distributors in the country and I know both. If you want to buy and demo pair, I can turn you on to the importer and distributor of ATC located here in Denver. Cheers.
yes, there is a place to get just the driver (sans magnet) it's based out of england.
The Skaaning or Flex Driver (other commercial name) used on the Verity is a thing of beauty. Fast as lighting with the best midbass I have heard. My two cents.