What song turns back the clock?

One of the joys of life is memory...we need to exercise it to keep it in tune.

I find myself standing before the CD rack, looking for songs that had a special meaning from many years ago...or just bring back a smile as remember them in the context of my youth.

Some of them are:

Supertramp--School
Alan Parsons--The Raven
Elton John--Love Lies Bleeding and Funeral for a Friend
David Bowie--Rebel Rebel
Billy Joel--Captain Jack
Genesis--Dance on a Volcano

So, what are the songs that turn back your clock?

Mitch
128x128vermonter
I grew up listening to WMMS out of Cleveland. I remember all to well the vivid snow snorms of days past. Here's a few that bring back memories.

Bowie - Space Oddity
Zep - Thank You
Stones - Brown Sugar
Rod Stewart - Maggie Mae
Eric Clapton - Layla

There was also my hometown favorite "Left End" with "Bad Talking Lady" ........ Hmmmm I'm old! hahahahaha ......
Zenieth - you're absolutely right; Maggie Mae by Rod Stewart was a huge song; I remember first hearing it September of 1971 while going through basic training and it really struck me. Another big song I remember from the summer of 1971 was Pete Townshend's "Let my love Open the Door" from Empty Glass; lots of great songs on this album.
Bob Gates,

Yep, anything by Alan Parsons fits the bill. Right after I posted this last night I got a glass of wine and listened to The Raven...I wonder what it woulda been like to have the stereo I have now, back then...that woulda been awesome.

Another awesome thing--I had the chance to visit La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona--one of Antonio Gaudi's most impressive works--it was cool to see the inspiration for an entire album. It is a jaw dropping and awe inspiring piece of architecture.
Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters, Hurdy Gurdy Man - Donavan, Rainy Night in Georgia - Brook Benton, High Hopes - Frank Sinatra, Pushing Too Hard - The Seeds, Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles.. All good songs for time trippin'.