What to do with old Thiel CS-2s

I have a pair of vintage Thiel CS-2. Original version in oak. The veneer is pretty beat up, but even worse it turned out the dealer who worked on them after I had two blown tweeters (amp literally exploded) used 3M double stick to keep the grilles on. Speakers sounded off after we moved and I finally decided to pry off the grilles. Turns out *all* of the drivers are damaged. Probably by the movers, but the move was several years ago, so no way to prove it. So I have beat up CS-2 boxes with no good drivers and no grilles. Any thoughts on something interesting to do with these? Buy some drivers from parts express or madisound and just put them in? Ideas? Or are these worth something to someone?

thanks!
cmot
Did you see the graph on the Stereophile link? That is one smooth, easy impedance load.
I did. I have no explanation. But mine didn't behave that way. I even tested them a bit once and they were not very even. And back in the day - late 80's, they had a reputation for being amp sensitive... Not sure how to reconcile all that. Oh well. they are gone anyway!
Actually on reading the entire review, despite the nominally flat impedance, the speakers sound like they are finicky and prone to interacting with other components. Moreover, he refers to the grilles being off in his earlier sample - I suspect they were of the same generation as mine (no sticky tape, so easier to remove). And I think I got mine in 1986-1987. So I bet I have an early CS-2, which is consistent with his description. I got mine from someone who worked at Goodwins who had had them for a year or two. So they might be very early in the production.
Given that I was forced to ship a 2.4 mid/tweeter driver back to Thiel for a full rebuild (rather than being able to purchase a new one), I highly doubt that they have any have anything for the 2s still sitting around.