What unknown musical artist would you like to share with your fellow audiophiles?

When it comes to music, about half of my friends are "collectors" and the other half are true audiophiles. It seems the collectors are so obsessed with the size of their collections, that they leave no room in their budget for quality audio equipment. I think the audiophiles, with their focus on quality over quantity, are the ones with their priorities straight. So, unless you are on an unlimited budget, I'm guessing that audiophiles are more selective in their musical purchases. That being the case, I'm curious about what "buried treasures" have you been able to find? Thanks for responding and I look forward to discovering some good music, based on your suggestions.

I'll lead off with the band Crack The Sky, most notably their first two albums: "Crack The Sky" (1975) and "Animal Notes" (1976). I would describe them as a cross between Be Bop Deluxe and Frank Zappa. Their music is unique and totally unmistakable with anyone else. Choice cuts from the debut album are: "Ice;" She's a Dancer;" "Mind Baby" & "Sleep." Choice cuts from Animal Notes are: "Animal Skins;" "Wet Teenager;" Virgin....No" & "Maybe I Can Fool Everybody."
mitchagain
@fmpnd : Did you see that one of the mods removed my John Cleese quote? Someone flagged it as an insult and the moderator removed it. I think that's hysterical.

Monty Python literacy is at an all time low. Who will be lost of and forgotten next, Moe, Larry and Curly?
Clarence Spady .. an incredible talent whose career, unfortunately, was hampered by drug use in his early days. "Nature of the Beast" (his 1st album) is my favorite. IIRC you can find him on Spotify.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Spady

I’ve seen him live several times .. brilliant.
@n80:  it is simply amazing to me that the moderator would delete that clear reference to a John Cleese/Monty Python quote yet leave both of mine.  

Don’t even get me started on what the social media cupcakes think is offensive these days - the same people who then post the most vile hateful responses/posts to any article.  So much hypocrisy and double standards abound today.

I agree, so much of the classic and innovative comedy of the 60s and 70s is being lost in this uptight world we live in.
Mariza
Portuguese Fado was, in many ways, revived as an art by this stunning woman.
Fela Kuti is famous all over the world but I had never heard of him. I discovered him on some "best music of all-time list". The song they had on the list, Zombie, was listed as from a video game. I was surprised and had to investigate. It was like finding a pot of gold when I heard the catalog of Fela Kuti albums. The Bob Marley of Africa. I ended up buying about 6 or 7 albums from him. Just a giant in terms of talent.

Another guy whose back catalog I discovered yesterday was Todd Rundgren. Growing up I knew the 2 or 3 songs played on rock radio. But with TIDAL I was able to see this dude is supremely talented. The albums from 1970 - 1973 are awesome.