When will rap music be less mainstream?

First time I heard MC Hammer’s song many years ago, I like the rhythm and thought it is quite unique. After that, all kinds of rap music pop up. I never thought rap music would be mainstream for such a long time in US. If you look at the music award ceremonies, you will find it being flooded with rap music. Sometimes I am not even sure rap can be considered as song because you don’t sing but speak. Now you start to hear rap music in some other languages like Chinese, Japanese and Korean that don’t sound good in rap format. It would be interesting to hear rap music in Italian.

Time will tell if a song is good or not. A song is good if somebody want to play it for their loved ones on the radio 20 years later. I can’t imagine someone will play a rap for their beloved one 20 years later. Just curious if any A’gon member keep any rap collection?

Besides rap, I also have a feeling that the music industry in general is getting cheesy now. American Idol show gets huge attention while lots of singers perform at the bar or hotel can easily sing better than the idols. The show also asked Barbara Streisand if she watched the show and who was her favorite idol. What do you expect her to answer? People said Justin Timberlake is very talented singer/songwriter. I know him because I saw lots of headshot of him on commercials and magazines, but can you name any popular/well known song from him?
yxlei
Problem is, coming back from somewhere like that you can't help notice the disproportionate amount of women with faces that look like Oakland booty, at least out here in the sticks where I live right now. I think the movie "Deliverance" must have been shot here. My next door neighbor has about two teeth, less hair than me, a wonky eye and a face like a sumo wresters ass....and I think she has taken a liking to me - yikes!
Yep, it feels like I have just fallen out of a dream back into a reality nightmare.

How much does a one way ticket to Rio go for these days?
For Bong & Thomas, only the classics will do - "Yeah, baby ... when it comes to females, Cosmo ain't got nothin' to do with my selection. 36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3"."
Hey Bongo,

Sorry, I forgot to get back to you re. Donovan's b.day bash at Yoshi's. I am guessing you are coming up to SF for that??
I have to fly out to Spain tomorrow or it would have been great to catch you for a beer and a laugh. I will only be away for 4 days but when I get back I will be scurrying around to get things out of the way as I am taking off out of the country for a couple of months in a few weeks time.
Looks like a nice venue - never been there and only found out tonight they had even opened another Yoshi's in the city.
Anyway, if you make it up have a great time, and keep the break-dancing to a minimum Big Pappa.

Phat Tommy