Where's the bass?

Need help.Had JBL L7'S for many years now.Looks like I have to update.Have listened to Focal Electras 1037,Usher dancers,Totems,Kef and others.All used and around 4-5 grand.What have they done to the bottom end in the last 10 years?None compares with the Jbl's?Have a Sunfire 300-TAD Pre and Cyrus CD.The ones I tested were all more musical and soundstages were better than I'm used to,but are basically bottomless.What am I missing.Has everyone turned into an "audiofile"?
rlspence
Why I design and manufacture my own loudspeakers, most loudspeakers available are designed as much by bean counters and to pass WAF as they are for performance. To pass bean counters small cab, easy to build and ship,small drivers again saves cost, for WAF small and a nice finish. So many audiophiles buy the costly wee loudspeakers hoping to get performance but also tying to get loudspeaker past she or he who must be obeyed.
there are balanced speakers out there 'big and small', but many are designed to emphasis mid-range, which is the flavor many audiophiles crave. as for the balanced 'fullrange', hales, chapman, duntech, dunlavy, ohm and others will do bass for sure. you may just want to keep the L7's.
Legacy Classics have bottom end if you can use floorstanders. If not,I have found a nice sub with musical monitors is a viable option.
Definitive Technology ST or STS have built in subs. Bass galore and reasonable price.