Where to put one's best power cords??

, Where should one put their finest power cords? Mono amps, preamp, DAC or transport?  Where will the best cords have the most impact?  Thanks, Jeff
jmslaw
Per my conversation with Audioquest, the best power cable should be on the source.
The best power cable should be put where it sounds the best.
If YOU cannot hear any difference... Well, then who cares where? SO the ONLY place it can possibly go, is, after trying it all around, is to put it where it does the most to improve the sound of your system. Also, different cords do have more (or less) effectiveness in various places. So NO ONE ! can tell you in advance (not knowing your stuff nor what all power cords/conditioners/outlets you have) where a particular cord will help the most.Seriously!!!
SO I reiterate, you HAVE to try it all over the place, to decide where it will be best, for you, in your system.Generally thick/heavy duty powercords go on amplifiers, or Power conditioners. But I find they are excellent on Preamps too. (and may even be great on a source)
Hints: A NEW powercord I would always put on the power conditioner to break it in. First off that place it will be the least annoying, breaking in. Plus enough AC juice to break it in. If no conditioner, then on the amplifier to break it in. Even if it is for some other place.(Unless you are the refrigerator type, and own a adapter so you can turn your powercord into an extension cord. An IEC to Edison plug adapter can be had for $13 at VH Audio for certain, maybe other places too. It slips on the IEC end, and has a normal US type receptacle plug out. So it really turns a IEC end into a regular USA extension cord.