Which AV receiver to buy??

Anybody have any experience with these AV receivers: Outlaw 1050, NAD T-760,770 and Onkyo Interga 7.1 thank you for the help!!
warlock
Hello Gerry:

In reference to the mentioning of H/K, I think that me who have mentioned them and not Warlock. With exception of the Outlaw (in my opinion) that Warlock has mention, he has listed some excellent choices. Though, I would keep my guard up about Onkyo's Integra line too. While they may not have any reliability issues to worry about, I would be careful when it comes to the speakers I would mate with this receiver (don't use it with any speakers that have a low impedance and then try to play "bass heavy" movie soundtracks at THX reference output levels..... this was said in two publications (The Perfect Vision and Widescreen Review). I am not saying for "Warlock" to eliminate Onkyo/Integras from any consideration. I'm just saying that he should be careful if he decides to go with this receiver. The Denon has a very nice line overall. Had I had a bigger room to deal with and a bigger budget as well, and if I would've REALLY wanted a Denon, I would go with the AVR-3801 as well. Of the models that is listed in their current line, the AVR-3801 looks like it's going to be the sleeper of the line (meaning, it's going to be the value model...... it offers a VERY NICE package at a VERY NICE price -- performance, features and price). From there on, I wouldn't look at the AVR-4800 either. If I really want to improve on the AVR-3801, then the next logical upgrade would be the top-of-the-line AVR-5800. The AVR-5800 is a beast.

But anyway, it was me and not "Warlock" that has made any mention of H/K at all. Just thought I bring that up anyway.

Thanks.

--Charles--
I have used the Outlaw 1050 and for the price it is very hard to beat. If you are on a budget, I would highly reccommend the Outlaw.
Charles:
Sorry for the confusion, got the names mixed up. I was originally looking at the Denon 4800 (over the 3300 as the 3801 was not out yet) and thought it was a great performance jump. Then I decided to bite the bullet and go for the big guy. After the 3801 was released, I auditioned and thought it was very much like the 4800 in performance. With a price point such as this, I would expect the 4800 to either go away or become a 4801 (3801 with more power.)

PS I compared the Lexicon DC-1 / Rotel RMB-1095 combination against the Denon 5800. I could not detect any significant (to me anyway) differance. So I elected to go new 5800 ($2700 at an authorised dealer) over the DC-1 (1500 to 1800 used on the internet, couldnt check out before purchase, and was afraid of problems) and the RMB-1075 (cheaper than RMB-1095 at #1100). Many people might say I made a bad choice, but I am glad I did.

Gerry
I'm laughing and typing as I own an Outlaw 1050 and just visited Audioreview to check out the "noisy remote" complaint. I never heard any noise, but then I never held it right to my ear while the backlighting was on until just now. It hums while the light is on and stops when the light goes out. Can't hear it from more than 6 inches away. Which leads me to question whether these guys who knock the Outlaw ever heard one or just read the reviews. Especially Charles who sounds quite the expert, have you heard the Outlaw against the Denons and others yourself? I had the Denon 3800, Marantz 18 and older 8800 at home in my own system. The older Marantz is more musical than the Denon, which is mid-fi. The Outlaw is more musical still and sounds more powerful. The Denon's fan is noisy from across the room, not just when you hold it to your ear. I heard the Denon 5800 when auditioning Vandesteen 2CE Sig's and it was aweful; bloated bass and harsh treble. A store owner I trust says he carries Denon because he has to. Forget what others are saying and gamble $35 on a trial of the Outlaw. Trust your own ears and not unfounded opinion.
Make certain the receiver has a 5.1 input with no digital conversion (e.g. stays analog). This will be essential if you add a SACD or DVD-Audio player.

Not as important, if you plan to have a progressive video DVD player and TV, it would be nice if it has component video switching.