Which cost more: your system or your car?

Just curious.

Marty

BTW - I'm pretty sure that my system slots between my CTS and my wife's Cayenne.
martykl
My system of course.I drive a Ford F 150 supercrew truck that I love and take care of but the system costs more.
Pefstratiou... Whenever you want to unload that GTR I'll be waiting... patiently... staring at it every night from behind a picket fence. ;-D

Seriously, if you have a picket fence then we might have a problem. LOL! j/k

My car (2010 Acura TSX) is still 3 1/2X my system at retail. But I'm just getting started.
This IMO :o) should be rephrased.
Generally on a car purchase it is a one time buy (or say 5K down and a 4-5 year loan to pay it off). Say you spend 25K on a Honda Accord - just saying. The question should be has anyone purchased a component, one time buy at 25K. If you are going to add up the cost of every component of your system, and include trade in's and a lifetime of upgrading then I think this is not a good measuring stick.
If it took someone 20 -25 years to get a system up to say 50 - 75K - then IMO - you need to add up how much you spent on each car you have purchased over those same years.
Just my 2 cents.
My 2-channel system costs far more than my new Hyundai Genesis V8. I have an Einstein The Tube Mark II pre-amp, an Einstein The Light in the Dark stereo amp, Lindemann 820S SACD/CD player, Lansche No. 5 speakers, various expensive power cords and interconnects, along with my least expensive component--a VPI Classic turntable with a Soundsmith cartridge.

So my system probably costs at least double the price of my car. My upstairs media room surround sound system costs a bit less than my car.

Greg