Who are the most underground high-end companies

When I say underground I am talking about companies that fly below the radar. Not much talk about them on audio forums, little if no reviews, no formal advertising, rarely see their gear at shows.

taters
I would love to someday experience a system assembled by Be Yamamura Audio.  That designer makes custom speakers, electronics and wire--the whole package.  A modest system starts at something like $600,000 and goes way upward from there.  I like the approach taken--all compression drivers, low-powered tube electronics, whole system designed from the ground up, including the room itself.  That company is so WAY off the map, particularly for those of us living in the USA (most of their customers are in Europe), that I doubt that I will ever see a system.  

In my neck of the woods (Washington DC) there is an audio store, Deja Vu Audio, that makes its own electronics and speakers.  The amps, preamps and DACs are all tube-based and utilize a lot of vintage parts, particularly Western Electric parts.  The speakers also utilize very old, vintage drivers (particularly Western Electric, Jensen, Altec, BTH, etc. drivers).  I own a preamp and an amp that was custom-built by them (e.g., I specified the requirement for remote control of volume, ability to adjust channel balance, full transformer coupling of line inputs and between the amp and preamp).  I might get them to design and build a crossover for my speakers which do not have a crossover that is specifically designed for the driver swap I did for the midrange horn (they design crossovers by taking measurements of the drivers instead of relying on the nominal specifications).

I bet there are quite a few small cottage operations like this that qualify as pretty far underground.