Who was your first

What was the first jazz artist that got you hooked on jazz? I was in a high end audio store and the salesperson put on Dianna Krall All or nothing at all on a pair of B&W's and ever since then I was hooked. And that is what led me down this never ending audio addiction.
128x128mlawitm
in the 1960's when I started listening.. I disliked Jazz. Never did learn better until I watched Ken Burn's Jazz on PBS. I watched it again on DVD and fell in love with the Jazz form. I guess I never understood what Jazz musicians were doing until watching the series on TV. Now my main listening is to Jazz and Classical. (I have thankfully pretty much gotten over Rock and Roll.)
(8^Q....
Jazz Crusaders in the mid 70's. Heard them at a college party during an "altered state". The first jazz to insinuate itself in a rock & roll mindset and stick.
It was the early 1980's. I was in my car and a song came on the college radio station by John Coltrane. The song was "Soultrane," from the Prestige album of the same name.I've been a jazz lover ever since.