Why do no audio enthusiasts use McIntosh?

With the exception of some of there tube gear, not many really use this stuff(or admit to it anyway), I am mainly referring to there amps. They look pleasant, they look good on paper and have the price of high end gear, but I seldom hear anyone claiming to like or one day dreaming of owning McIntosh. I have never really listened to there stuff, no good word of mouth sort of scares me away from it, the only people who like it are those who sell it, an uncanny coincidence? I don’t know. Sorry it this has been covered many times in the past, I ran a search and could not find anything.
tireguy
Alaric, I like your description "blue eye"..Funny stuff.

It's true though, opinions are all unique, or you know what they say, they are like a-holes, we all have em and they stink!

Anyway, not meaning to brand bash, just state my experience, if it came across as brand bashing my bad. Who knows, I could get this FPB in my room and think it sound terrible. Doubtful, but possible, and I would be honest either way, Krell or not. If it doesn't sound good, I don't see the spending the kind of money we spend on this stuff, cause in the end albeit cliche, it is TRULY all about the emotion of music, not just the delivery of it.
Wouldn't it be interesting to get the 2 camps together in one place to demo/debate what each is hearing/looking for? Of course liability policies would have to be up to date and all furniture removed. I wonder if the experience would be convergent or further polarize?
Mac is that good and Bose is that good. Look at it this way if it werent that good people wouldnt buy it. All this crap is good or it wouldnt still be selling for this long. Buy what you like and dont listen to these nuts. smile
Jamnesta, awesome point, and it would be incredibly useful here if we could organize a Sound debate.

Bossjay, did you just say Bose sounds good? I need you to explain to me why then the $300 set of computer speakers I bought two months ago are now blown. Bose is incredibly engineered sound, and it is NOT good. Some may in fact like it, and think it is believable, and in certain applications it is sufficient, but it does not really sound good....To me anyway.

I am by no means a snob, but I am a purist, and to me out of all the amps I have listened to thus far, Krell hits all the marks I look for. For others Mac might do that, and (although painful for me to say) Bose may too.
I haven't thought much of MacIntosh since the 70's when it was good stuff. Recently a friend bought a Mac pre-amp, and then traded his Parasound JC-1 for Mac monos... Wow what a huge improvement over the JC-1!

I didn't expect much but the new stuff really sounded good. People who have written mac off should reconsider.

JMNSHO

O

o