WHY DO SOME AUDIOPHILES THINK YOU ARE BRAGGING WHEN YOU ARE SHARING?

I have seen many people share what they have and what they have heard on audiogon and there are always a few people that come on with negative comments about the person bragging or,the put down the higher end gear that one is speaking about.  Why do you think that happens?
calvinj
Why people post on a subject such as this rather that the reason we are all suppose to be here,(music), I don't now.
Well, in the spirit of the New Year, I will try to tone my sarcasm down.  Hopefully this resolution lasts until at least the end of the week.
  Seriously, there should be a place where people who want to spend a lot of money on Audio can post and feel at home, because one of the good things about the Internet is that it provides forum for people of like interests to bond.
  Audiophiles are already a niche community.  In the non virtual world, I only have a couple of Audiophile friends, and I am embarrassed to admit to regular people what I spend on this hobby.
i like to post here and read everyone else’s posts and be both stimulated and reassured that there are others like me and that I am not some total alien.
  So why do we, a group that is marginalized, heap  scorn those who really like to flaunt their stuff?  It’s part envy, surely, that all to human emotion.  I think the larger part is that at some level some of us have some guilt about our hobby.  Yes, we could have paid for one year of the new Grandchild College with what we just spent on the latest component.  Yes, my wife’s requests to sit and watch Netflix with her might be more enticing but damn I didn’t get a chance to listen to my system today and she understands, but I feel guilty.  All of that stuff bubbles to to the surface when someone starts crowing about comparing their Air Force I turntable vs their dcs stack with their new Wilson speakers and yes, now I really can hear Keith Moon fart about 2 minutes into Baba O’Reilly and I hadn’t heard  that before and now that I have I have justified both my expenditures and my existence in the cosmos.  We read that, we see a part of ourselves that we don’t like, and project our guilt feelings onto the OP.
  No, I’m not a Psychologist.  Perhaps I should stop posting with a hangover.  I’m going to listen to some Bruckner now.  Happy New Year 🎈 
Enjoy Mahler123.   I enjoy the experience of trying new gear that challenges what I have now.  Some don’t understand but it’s not for them to!
Absolutely Calvin.  I just added a new Anthem AVR to replace my 10 year old Onkyo in my HT System, and damn I’m enjoying the joys of improved DACs and room correction.  So even in midfi it’s possible to really appreciate improvements.
Because, in general, audiophiles are a surly group of curmudgeons.
If you don’t believe me just look through the threads on this forum.