Why don't we make a list of best pressings ?

I didn't compare many but here are a few. When I say Japanese original I mean Japanese first release, same mastering as the original in the country where it was recorded. In descending order.
A. Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
1. Japanese original promo stereo
2 -3. Japanese original stereo
2 -3. US original 360 sound.
US and Japanese sound slightly different, I listen to both.
B. Miles Davis - Pangaea
1. Japanese original promo
2. Japanese original
C. Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame
1. Japanese original.
2. Canadian original 360 sound.
 D.Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire
2. Japanese original
E. Mahavishnu Orchestra - Visions Of The Emerald Beyond
1. US original White Label Promo.
F. Al Di Meola - Cielo e Terra
2. Japanese original

I have or had other pressings of all these albums, they are worse to various degree. Canadian original 360 Sound  Bitches Brew also sounds good but I preferred the US and Japanese. Japanese first release of the "Visions..' by Mahavishnu Orchestra is something that I don't like. This is rare in my experience when it comes to records from 70s.

inna
Quite a few sites already offer that info. I always research for that original pressing, although it helps when one recommends something they include that info.

A few in here I've run across do, always thankful for that.
Not sure exactly what info you are interested in. You might try discord.com. They have a pretty decent database. 
@akiravelvet ...I do not chase just Japanese pressings to compare to originals but I do try to see if there was a decent release from Japan, it’ll usually take me to several different forums.
Original release, discogs, allmusic, etc.. Few members got me into jazz female vocalists which also took me to another site > allaboutjazz

What inna is suggesting is a good idea for the augon forum. Quite often I do not get my entire thought into text.