Will Technology Kill the Audiophile Hobby?

Imagine audio technology in 2,000 years.

Maybe your stereo is the size of a deck of cards. Speakers are invisible. Cables are not used. Active room treatment built into the walls.

Is that the end of our hobby and fascination with audio gear? 
Is our identity in the big blocks of metal and wood? What happens to us?
Best,

E
erik_squires
Mankind is unlikely to be here 200 years from now no less 2000. A soundwave doesn’t morph into something different despite strange ideas that we’ll suddenly have wireless 1000g transmission in 30 years. You need a speaker and for no loss it will still need to receive signal via a wire.
I receive daily updates from realtors to get a feel for what homes are selling for in my area.  What amazes me is how the majority of people today live without music in their homes.  I scroll through all of the pictures room by room and 98% or more do not have a single pair of speakers in a room.  I also see beautiful home entertainment furniture with a large wide screen TV and they are listening to the speakers on the TV rather than through even a modest surround sound theater system.  I cannot understand how people can live this way.  You would think a home listed for $1.3 million would have one room dedicated to home theater or a music listening room.  No wonder why this hobby is becoming extinct and why dealers are hanging on by a thread.  I wonder why people don't listen to music?  This has become quite a strange world.  
Hi Everyone!

It wasn't really clear when I posted, but I'm less interested in what will happen in 2,000 years than to try to glean what it is we are after in this hobby. Does it still exist if the gear is gone, or all costs $30?
Best,
E
with CRISPR-CAS9 and what not, they'll have hopefully cured aging before I die. I think if I end up living to 1000 that I would still get a kick out of listening to my system (assuming it lasts that long). By that point it would be more of a relic than an actual music listening device but I'm sure I'd still enjoy it. Kind of like how people still enjoy horseback riding or archery.