Wilson Audio paint problems

Hi - am I the only person who has experienced problems with Wislon Audio products? I bought a brand new pair of Sofia 2s and after about 12 months they developed cracking around the top and front edge. This has spread laterally at the top if the speaker. I approached the distributor who offered to take them to a Ferrari paint shop! I called Wilson Audio but the guy I was put through to did not return my calls.

I have since purchased a pair of Duettes on Audiogon. These too have developed a light crack down the side along one of the seams. I love Wilson speakers (I have the centre and sub/sub controller too). I have invested a lot of money in the brand but now feel completely unable to get my problems sorted. Looking on the web, there seems to be a lot about WA's commitment to the client. I just feel I can't get access to it!

Does anyone else have a similar experience or advice?
krupski
The Wilson warranty is disgusting. If the speakers are not INSTALLED by the dealer?? you LOOSE the 5 years and get nothing but 90 days.(what if you move them a few inches?? you gotta call the dealer? nonsense!)
Well, glad I will never buy any Wilson stuff.
Thanks for the heads up on garbage service! Worse because they are so expensive!
Some companies have fantastic service, some suck. Looks like Wilson is another sucker... (or are it's customers the suckers??)
Elizabeth, I wouldn't trash a company's customer service policies based on one post on the internet. I think there are things Krupski is not telling us or leaving us to guess at. Why did he contact the Wilson distributor and not the local dealer? Did he not buy from an authorized dealer? Did he buy used or grey market to save money and now wants to cash in on their customer service?

Enquiring minds want to know.
I just want to say a last word about Wilson and your dealer. Since when does the customer have to become a step n fetch? Now lets see the customer puts down 5 figures for a speaker system then notices the paint job is crackling so he removes everything from the speakers then when all is done by the Ferrari paint plant. He then schlep's these things back home again all 300lbs less the drivers then he screw's everything into place{after getting screwed} then refoams all the drivers moves them around while wrenching his back and as all this is going on! Wilson is suntaning himself and drinking a barcardi rum... LOL lol lol ok whos the sucker now?
Perhaps one of the bad things here is that it takes 100 compliments to make a good impression and only one bad statement to ruin all the good things said. Maybe Wilson themselves should chime in?
Like the sign over my wifes desk says, "When I am right, no one remembers. When I am wrong, no one forgets".
-John
Wilson has excellent warranty service. If you have a concern, e-mail the guys on the web site. I always get fast responses to my questions. They will stand behind the speaker if there is a problem under warranty.

Call them back if the dealer did not satisfy you.

I have owned many Wilson speakers since 1992. Sometimes I needed warrnaty service and it was provided with no nonsense.

Last week I went to a Wilson seminar and spoke to Dave Wilson. He is concnerned about his customers and knows that he can't survive if they aren't happy with his products.

He has great respect for his customes.