Wilson Audio paint problems

Hi - am I the only person who has experienced problems with Wislon Audio products? I bought a brand new pair of Sofia 2s and after about 12 months they developed cracking around the top and front edge. This has spread laterally at the top if the speaker. I approached the distributor who offered to take them to a Ferrari paint shop! I called Wilson Audio but the guy I was put through to did not return my calls.

I have since purchased a pair of Duettes on Audiogon. These too have developed a light crack down the side along one of the seams. I love Wilson speakers (I have the centre and sub/sub controller too). I have invested a lot of money in the brand but now feel completely unable to get my problems sorted. Looking on the web, there seems to be a lot about WA's commitment to the client. I just feel I can't get access to it!

Does anyone else have a similar experience or advice?
krupski
The OP has still not weighed in on whether he purchased new from an authorized dealer under warranty. That makes all the difference concerning the customer service he can expect. All responses as to what Wilson should do and judgments that they're exhibiting poor customer service is based on assumptions and speculation.
You do realize that warranty, by law, cannot be eliminated or reduced based upon whether or not you send a card in. Manufacturers' often tell you that so that you will send the registration card in, but they can't enforce it. A 2-year warranty is a 2-year warranty, and it doesn't depend on cards.
Woh! I didn't think Audiogon would let me publish this so didn't check until today.

I did buy the speakers from an authorised dealer. That dealer is no longer a Wilson dealer and therefore I couldn't approach via them. I subsequently moved which has added a layer of complication to this story. I got to the stage where I just want to get rid of them and demoed them yesterday to a guy who doesn't mind about the cracks but I'm losing my shirt on the deal. He in fact noticed the crack on the Duettes!!

I will say again, I love Wilson speakers. It's the sound for me. I'm just disappointed with the way my problem has been dealt with and wondered, in general, if anyone else had issues with the finish and cracking.

I will persevere with Wilson and try to contact the guy named in one of the posts. My Sofias were in fact early models so may be in the batch that had some early problems. Thanks to everyone who responded to my problem. Any other advice is very welcome.
Wilson should have either found you another brand new pair immediatly or pushed your re-build production ahead of others.
Waiting 2 months is ridiculous!
Give me a break Ozzy. His "old" speakers worked just fine while he waited, it wasn't like he was doing without.
as a wilson owner, i will admit there are quirks with the finish, most notably the black. i have a black watch center and black wp 7 purchased at different times and both have the spiderweb type marks you see in black auto finishes. i have tried all the recommended techniques by wilson and emailed them to discuss and no success. i also have cashmere beige which have no issues. i did not pursue it with wilson but often think of doing so. i am going to a presentation by dave wilson this week ironically. maybe i will ask him directly.