Wilson Audio paint problems

Hi - am I the only person who has experienced problems with Wislon Audio products? I bought a brand new pair of Sofia 2s and after about 12 months they developed cracking around the top and front edge. This has spread laterally at the top if the speaker. I approached the distributor who offered to take them to a Ferrari paint shop! I called Wilson Audio but the guy I was put through to did not return my calls.

I have since purchased a pair of Duettes on Audiogon. These too have developed a light crack down the side along one of the seams. I love Wilson speakers (I have the centre and sub/sub controller too). I have invested a lot of money in the brand but now feel completely unable to get my problems sorted. Looking on the web, there seems to be a lot about WA's commitment to the client. I just feel I can't get access to it!

Does anyone else have a similar experience or advice?
krupski
Unfortunately it is no longer under warranty 5 years and 3 weeks. Moreover I bought it from the US, not locally in Thailand so Wilson is not legally required to warranty anything. I have already sent pictures to them and they have said they would be able to repair them. However I have to pay for the shipping both ways and also for the repair work. As you can imaging shipping the upper module of the maxx 2 to and from the US is not cheap. I wanted to see if there were many people with the same problem or i'm the sucker who had the bad luck.
Wow! Sorry to hear they won't make some kind of deal with you. Wilson Audio has provided top notch customer service to me. That being said, if I spent that much money on a pair of speakers I would expect more.I would be very upset.
Ya, I know! I'm pretty upset about it all. My wife said to me that after letting me purchase the speakers which cost more then most high-end cars, I don't expect this kind of problem. Its like buying a Porsche and the door doesn't close properly. I told her that I'm thinking about upgrading to the Maxx 3 as I can't sand the crack in the speakers. She just said NO WAY. Anyway, such as life, unfortunately i'm still trying to decide on what to do about it. I just wanted to see if there were more people out there with the same problem.
Mw_chen ,,, I think I will side with your wife on this one . Why would you even consider a speaker from the same manufacturer ? Even the warranty is questionable , the problem was there before the speakers even left the factory , they should take care of the problem regardless of age , in fact they could have recalled all the speakers built with the problem glue , rather then do nothing and hope most were off warranty before problems occurred .
I saw your system link , very , very nice , thanks for showing us your music chamber .