Would an Audiofile really download music?

Would anyone here really admit it? If so for what reasons?
champtree
Matchstikman, I don't download AND... I don't WANT too! I just wondered why someone would want a recording with half the information than a CD. Then listen to it on tinny speakers. My money is spent on LP's
There has been some good info here. Thanks all.

BTW Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?
Champtree, someone posted that they use downloads to quickly check out music they are not sure about. That would be what I would do; download a few things, see if I like it and then buy the CD somewhere. I don't know how much money I have blown on music that I ended up not liking, even after reading all the reviews and tasting some samples from Amazon. Can you say Wilco?
I was thinking the same thing Matchstick, I used the internet to listen to partial tracks from the group, "Queens Of The Stone Age" so I could figure out which album my favorite cut was on.

Granted this tells me nothing about the quality of the LP I just ordered but at least I know it's the right material. Pretty nice option, considering it's free.
Not all music (live) is available in commercially sold formats. How else would you get the music except for downloading?