Your First Concert was.....

My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at the Shaffer (sic) Music Festival in Central Park, NYC. It cost 2 bucks and it was for his "Running Down the Road" album.
dreadhead
I will never forget my first concert. It was in 1983, it was Black Sabbath at the forum in Los Angeles. What made it even more memorable was that the great southern rock band the "Outlaws" opened for them.
WOW! There are some awesome bands listed! Unfortunate that many were before my time. Not sure how representative this thread is but it definitely implies that audiophiles on this site are from a generation before mine. This is not meant as an insult. I find it sad that there are not more younger audiophiles but I guess in this fast paced age of ipods, napster, digital music, etc its hard to see the value of spending good money on a big, immobile system that you have to sit down and listen to. Too bad.
And the winner is....Blind Faith in Goleta CA Wbs
There's a lot of great shows here, a hell of a lot, but seeing Blind Faith, let alone as your very first concert, well that's hard to beat.
Tears> I was 14 so my sister had to take me. Carter Baron in DC. After watching RTF who I went to see and were great, BS&T was anticlimactic to say the least. We left after they played a tune or two. I was a music snob at 14? I guess.......

ET
Kiss, Mountain, and Mott The Hoople..Chicago, round 1974 or so, minds not what it used to be ;-)