Zu audio advice

I have been looking at their speakers lately and was wondering what people thought . I would like to demo these if there is anyone in the Tacoma Washington area willing to share it would be appreciated 
trrevell
well I'm too far away for an audition in brooklyn but I can offer some perspective on my Zu Soul Supremes- running off almarro 215a SET and also I have tried some ss amps too-
Some people have mentioned setup is difficult- I think the challenge is that these speakers are very present and so it can take some ear break in to appreciate what is going on, but sometimes people start moving the speakers right away to get them to sound like they think they "should" sound but that isn't always best for what they actually sound like. They are different. My appreciation of them has changed over the year I've had them. I think for tweaky people they might not be good, but if you like listening more than tweaking then they are great.
Definitely has magic with low power tubes. But also can sound great at high volume with lots of watts. I'd like to get the undertone also, I have a cheaper sub currently in the system. 

synthfreek - I suggest that you call Zu anyway. You would not be wasting their time. Just be honest that you are looking to buy pre-owned. Zu often has pre-owned speakers available - ones taken in trade during an upgrade.
I agree and I would just give Zu a call.  They love to take care of all customers.  Recent example of their amazing customer service:   I bought SnoPro's beautiful Druids and am loving them, but I couldn't find one of the bolts to raise the Druids off of the ground so I  called Gerrit at Zu asking about placement and adjusting height on the Druids and where I could buy more bolts, and next thing you know Gerrit is mailing me a pair immediately, for free. Without even a second thought. Top notch guys. 
Morgan, I'm happy your digging the Zu's and their customer service is great! 
Let me know how you make out, you can  call me if you have any questions.

I have a pair of Omen Def Mk1b for 5 months.
In the beginning, right out of the box, I remember they sounded a bit "fat" for my taste. I was missing some brightness, some treble detail.
Then they developed week by week and I guess they will continue to change until they are completely broken-in. And all I can say by now is that the sound is amazing! I'm driving them from a push-pull 35W amplifier (Cayin MT45 Mk2) and I can never reach the 12h on the volume knob (at least in my apartment...). They are indeed very efficient and any low powered amp will make them sing.

Regarding the positioning, I never felt the need to be moving them around. Just got them in the selected location and then adjusted the toe-in angle to get a good stereo sound and that's it! They really sound powerful and detailed, it's a gorgeous sound. But I would't say transparent or neutral; they put some tone in the music, which is good for my taste.

And finally a word to those guys at Zu: They are top notch! I live in China and after auditioning the speakers in two different stores I decided to wait some more months (or years) until my budget could reach those speakers. But one day I found a pair in their website for half price ("preloved" section), mailed them and soon after the speakers were in my living room! They really like what they're doing and they take good care of costumers.

Anyway, I advise you to go listen to the speakers and then decide.