Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
I own the Tekton Lore's and I also find the tweeter to be too hot. I run them with tubes and my wife and audiophile friend who listened to them in his own listening space agreed. I'm working on adding a resistor to bring the tweeter response down by 2 db. I may also do what Goraman did and replace the capacitor's. I've had good success in the past doing cap upgrades.

All in all good speakers, but could use some tweaking to make them even better.
Since it seems that no one has any thoughts on the Zu Omen versus the Tekton M-Lore, I've taken the plunge and purchased a set of Omens because of the favorable return policy. I'll initially be comparing them to my extant speakers as they break-in, but I'll likely order a pair of M-Lores in the near future to compare head-to-head with the Omens. I'll post my thoughts, should anyone be interested.
Doglog - I owned Omens and Lores at the same yime so I know how they compare, looking forward to your impressions Omen vs. M-Lore.
Keep us posted
Chad329
I would look into a zobel on the main driver before looking at the tweeter.

I thought the same as you that it was the top end that was hot but it wasn't.
A simple zobel installed on the main drivers terminals has made all the difference. Now they are a lot more even handed across the range without loosing any of the good stuff.
I'm quite happy w/ my stock Lore's, but I'm curious how much that zoble set you back, Chad, just in case I get the bug to try a tweak or two.